Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Coupon Crazed

A few months ago, a few of the girls at work were talking about their weekends. Specifically, they were comparing how much each of them had saved at the grocery store that weekend, which sales they found, where they found coupons, etc. One of the girls had saved almost 50% of her original grocery bill! I commented that I wished I could 'work' coupons like that, but I always ended up buying products I wouldn't normally buy, that were more expensive than the store brand, simply because I had a coupon for them, so I never used coupons anymore. But, my lovely coworkers would never let me give up so easily! They gave me some great websites to visit and tips. The best tip they gave me was to visit the following website:
wwww.southernsavers.com, which is a free website for all interested in finding the best deals and coupons! The woman who runs the site, Jenny, also puts on couponing workshops for a small fee ($10) all around the southeast. She is great about posting the major grocery stores' weekly ads, printable coupon links, and posting different sales and coupon scenarios in order to get the biggest bang for your buck. I attended one of her seminars a few months ago and it was GREAT! There is so much to learn, and like blogging, I'm still learning each week I go to the grocery store. Her website is really helpful to those in the southern states- SC, NC, GA, FL, etc. If you don't live in this area but are still interested in couponing, visit her site and maybe email her. She might be able to point you in the write 'web' direction to find a similar site for different areas of the country. I took a few months off (read: first trimester!!) because I couldn't even make a grocery list without feeling gross, much less think about coupons. The hubz and I are back on it, and we saved $25 at Publix last week. Not bad, for just getting back in the saddle! My goal is to save more money each week than I did the previous week. I'll let you know how it goes! Fill me in on any tips you might have-I'm open to suggestions!

1 comment:

  1. I work with coupon freaks! another website that they advocate is http://www.afullcup.com/ My friend has saved so much it's practically scary. (I was sent over here by your sister, Erin. We're blog buddies!)

    ReplyDelete