Friday, May 7, 2010

I promise, I'm done slacking!

So, I'm back. At least, I'm going to try and jump back on the blog bandwagon again. It's just been a busy couple of months, and blogging has been the last thing on my mind. I am now 25 weeks along in this pregnancy, 26 weeks this coming Monday...YAY!!!!! So far, everything has looked and sounded good with each check up, praise the good Lord in Heaven. DH and I have been busy registering, figuring out baby room stuff, signing up for classes at the hospital, (Baby Basics, Childbirth workshop, Breastfeeding 101, and Infant/Child CPR). Also, my sister was here for the last few months with her two children, while her husband has been away. I've been trying to soak up as much time as possible with them over the last few months before they went back to Florida. As of today, they are settled back at home and her DH was scheduled to land this evening. I can't WAIT to see the pictures and/or video of their reunion. I know my three year old niece is going to go ga-ga when she sees her daddy. She has missed him SO much over the last few months. The school year is finishing up, and I'm trying to figure out maternity leave plans for next year, as the baby is due in August, a few days before school starts! Also, my team is moving classrooms AGAIN this year, so that'll be interesting in a few weeks. We'll take a 26 week picture in the next few days, and I'll try to post it ASAP. Meanwhile, is it me or does it seem as if EVERYONE I know is pregnant?? FIVE girls at work, plus one fellow teacher's wife are all pregnant. THREE girls that are friends from my last job, plus two old friends. And it seems like everyone is due between the end of this month and the end of September, with a few exceptions. It's CRAZY! Crazy in a good way, though. It's been nice to have some girlfriends to talk about all this pregnancy stuff with. I don't know what I'd have done if one of my girlfriends hadn't recommended the book Baby Bargains to me when DH and I were getting ready to register. She and the book were lifesavers!!! There is just so much you don't know about all the stuff out there for babies. Those big baby stores are pros at making you feel like your baby needs all of this junk. And as a first time mom-to-be, it's easy to be overwhelmed and suckered into registering or buying a ton of stuff, most of which isn't necessary and some of which may not be as safe as you think. (Giant fluffy crib bumpers, for example). So, that's all for now. I'm hoping to spend more time on this blog this summer, once school is out, my classroom is moved, and maternity leave lesson plans are finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment