Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baby Nirvana- 7 Months


The Munchkin is doing so many new things, growing so fast and changing every day. I can't believe he's going to be 7 months old tomorrow. Life with a baby changes on a daily, if not hourly basis. Just when you think you're hitting your stride as a couple, he goes and changes things up on you. But I have to say, I feel like this age right now is pretty great. Each stage that he's been through has had its ups and downs, and the same goes for 7 months. Here's what's new:
-The Munchkin is now sitting very well, unassisted. He's not mobile yet, though, so I can sit him in the center of some blankets, surrounded by toys and he can entertain himself while I get some things done. The beauty of him not yet being mobile is that I don't have to worry about him getting into all sorts of mischief while I'm in the kitchen unloading or loading the dishwasher.
-He is very good at entertaining himself for decent periods of time. The other side of this coin is that he is a lot of fun to play with, too! I've always loved playing with him, but now it's becoming more interactive, he's more engaged and his giggles are to die for!
-He is eating three meals of solid food, in addition to nursing. I've been making the majority of his food, with the exception of prunes. I just buy the already made baby food prunes because I don't want to mess with trying to make them myself. But so far, he eats prunes, pears, rice cereal, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, squash, bananas, avocadoes, and nectarines. He does pretty well with the eating, and is starting to form small rolls and creases on his sweet little legs. It was an adjustment, trying to remember to thaw out some baby food every couple of days, or adding in the task of making the baby food to our schedule, but I'm getting used to it. I do have some back up jars of baby food in the pantry, for when we're going to be traveling during lunch time, or if we run out of homemade baby food when I need some.
-I'm less stressed about the napping thing. (This week, at least. :))
-He is less tolerant of long periods of time in the stroller. It's harder for me to run errands, go shopping, etc., because he gets fussier faster. I'm not sure the reason for that. He does, however, enjoy our outdoor walks. For those, I just put him straight in the stroller instead of clicking the car seat into the stroller. I suppose I should just stop using the car seat in the stroller any more, as he's getting bigger and sitting up on his own.
-He seems to be focusing more on stories and the baby signs that I show him.
That's all I can think of for now. I wonder how life will change once he starts actually cutting a tooth, becomes mobile, and starts feeding himself. Saints preserve us! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment