Thursday, June 17, 2010

Things I'm looking forward to...for me...

A few things I've been missing lately..
Red wine, white wine, beer. Okay, I promise I'm not an alcoholic.In fact, before I got pregnant, I had cut out most alcohol anyway, because we were trying to conceive. If I drank, it'd be maybe a glass of wine or two. It's just been a strange ride not being able to partake at all. It's the whole wanting something you KNOW you can't have thing.
Groucho's. If you know anything about Groucho's Deli sandwiches, you know what I'm talking about. I miss their special "45 Sauce" SO much! A visit to Groucho's Deli was our standard Saturday lunch before I got pregnant. My fear of deli meat (even though Groucho's heats up their sandwiches) made me decide to abstain. It is at the TOP of my list for a post-delivery meal!
Sleeping on my stomach and back. Enough said.
Working off stress at the gym. For those that know me, you may be questioning this. But, for several months before we got pregnant, I started making regular trips to the gym to really work out work related stress, as well as my anxiety over how long it seemed to be taking us to conceive. I actually think my time on the treadmill and elliptical machines helped us conceive when we did!
Feta cheese, bleu cheese, etc. YUM.
Dessert. This is mostly due to the gestational diabetes diet. I've been able to work in a few sweets here and there, such as 100 calorie fudge pops, but it's not quite the same.
Sonic's Cherry Limeades. Again, due to the gestational diabetes diet.
Twizzlers at the movies-GD diet. :) Can you tell I have a sweet tooth?
Starbucks, diet soda, artificial sweetener in my coffee and tea. I've been abstaining from these to be sure that they don't affect baby's health. I bet it's probably healthier for me, too, but I still miss it.
SUSHI. OH MY GOSH, that is ALSO on my post-delivery list of meals!!
Hot dogs. Yes, I know what they say about hot dogs, but I don't care. I want one. With chili. Or coleslaw. Or relish. Or all of the above. Yum.
Hot stone massages. My absolute favorite, in fact I don't like regular massages because I always wind up with pinched nerves from overzealous hands!
Being able to shop at several stores in a row. Now, 30 minutes into Target and my feet, back and hips start hurting. :) Although, I am aware that I probably won't be able to return to this hobby for a looooong time once the little guy arrives! That's okay. :)
Wearing my wedding rings. I can still get them on, but they have started leaving marks on my finger, and I'm afraid to leave them on too long, for fear they'll get stuck.
A little caveat- please don't take this as complaining, because that is NOT my intention. I would give all this stuff up permanently if I had to for my little guy. It's just been a bizarre world of change since I got pregnant, and I suppose that this is almost like training for mother/parenthood. Maybe these sacrifices we make while we're pregnant are a small, small, indication of what kinds of sacrifices we will make once we become parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment